Vocabulário de futebol em inglês! 30 palavras para você praticar na Copa do Mundo
A Copa do Mundo está logo aí. Será em novembro de 2022. E, claro, nós vamos explorar juntos novas palavras dentro do vocabulário de futebol em inglês para você aprender bastante, e reconhecer quando estiver de frente para a telinha assistindo a mais uma bela partida de soccer game.
- Cleat: a small, pointed part on the bottom of some shoes used for particular sports or activities to stop you from sliding;
- Jersey: a shirt that is worn by a member of a sports team;
- Shin guard: a piece of rubber or plastic material worn inside a sock to protect the lower part of your leg when playing a sport such as football or hockey;
- Locker room: a room with lockers where people can keep clothes and other things, especially while taking part in a sport;
- Net: material made of threads of rope, string, wire, or plastic with spaces between them, that is used to limit the movement of the ball;
- Own goal: score against your own team;
- Skipper: the captain of a sport team;
- Pitch: the field where the game is played;
- Corner Kick: when a player has to take a kick from the corner of the pitch;
- Foul: an act that is against the rules of the sport.
- Scissor kick: in soccer, a kick in which a player jumps backwards into the air and then kicks the ball when it is above their head;
- Booking: a punishment for breaking the rules in a football game in which the referee writes the player’s name in a book;
- Box or penalty area: in soccer, the area surrounded by white lines in front of the goal;
- Goal area/goalmouth: the area exactly in front of the goal;
- Center circle: the circle marked in the center of a soccer pitch;
- Touchline: one of the two lines that show the position of the long edges of the area in which particular games, such as soccer, are played;
- Center spot: The mark in the middle of the center circle from which the game kicks off;
- Corner arc: a component of a pitch located at the four corners of the field used to denote the placement of the ball;
- Goal line: This angle would specify who is closer to the defender’s goal line only if the line judge were always on the offside line.
- Captain armband: a piece of material that the captain wears around the arm as a sign of being a leader;
- Goalkeeper: player responsible for defending the goal.
- Defender: someone in a sports team who tries to prevent the other team from scoring points, goals, etc.
- Stricker: player who scores goals;
- Center forward: the player in the middle of the front row of forwards;
- Midfield: the central area of a sports field, or a central structure of the team.
- Left-back: players that are width of the defense;
- Left-wing: an attacking player that can control the ball at the left side of the pitch;
- Referee: judge;
- Right-back: Defensive position;
- Right-wing: attacking player who stays near the touchlines.
Gostou desse artigo? Compartilhe!